At the beginning of the 1920s, Valtellina found itself in a context of poverty and emigration. A strong desire to emerge led Aldo Rainoldi to start his own business as a wine merchant in 1925.
In the second half of the 1950s, his son Giuseppe decided to join him. The growth in quality began with the purchase of grapes instead of wine, just as the sale in bottles replaced that in chestnut barrels. This phase coincided with the expansion of the markets: not only Lombardy and Switzerland, but also the United States, Japan, and Northern Europe, thanks to a wider and more differentiated range of wines.
At the end of the Nineties, after completing his studies in viticulture and oenology, Aldo Rainoldi, Giuseppe’s nephew, joined the company to continue the family tradition. The aim is to combine qualitative growth with respect for the environment, leading the company to the next generation.